If you’re tired of blurry vision, then 20/20 Institute’s LASIK services at the Denver Tech Center may be for you.
For many years, those with poor eyesight had one of two options: wear glasses or use contacts. Now, with LASIK, you may be able to achieve the vision you’ve always dreamed of.
Since the mid-90s, millions of LASIK procedures have been performed, allowing many Americans to obtain 20/20 vision.
That’s our goal too. At the 20/20 Institute in the Denver Tech Center, we offer patients LASIK vision correction from an experienced doctor in a friendly and comforting environment.
What is LASIK?
LASIK is a type of refractive eye surgery used to treat myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism (eye/lens defect). It works by reshaping the cornea. This lets more light into the eye and makes it easier for the retina to focus and provide clearer vision.
At the 20/20 Institute, our LASIK procedures are performed using an Allegretto EX-500 excimer laser. The procedure starts with your surgeon created a thin, round flap in the cornea. This flap is then folded back to allow the surgeon to access the cornea and remove a small amount of tissue using the excimer laser.
Once the tissue has been reshaped, the flap is lowered back down over the cornea and allowed to heal naturally. Most LASIK procedures take less than half an hour from start to finish. Results will be noticeable in the first 24 hours and should improve greatly over the next few days. Total healing time can take anywhere from 2-6 months, depending on the severity of the vision impairment.
What are the benefits of LASIK?
If you’ve lived with glasses or contacts for many years, chances are you might be a little hesitant to switch it up and have LASIK. If you’re still on the fence, check out these benefits of LASIK eye surgery:
- It’s time tested. LASIK has been performed on millions of people for over 20 years improves vision in most cases.
- It’s nearly painless. You may experience some discomfort while your eyes heal, but it’s rare for a patient to feel severe pain during or after surgery.
- You can see the results. You should start to notice improved vision almost right away.
- Healing happens quickly. You don’t need stitches, bandages or special dressings after LASIK. Most patients only take a day two off from work!
- It can be adjusted. Some people may require a “touch up” LASIK procedure several years after their first one. This can be done easily and with as little side effects as the original procedure.
- You might be able to throw away those glasses. You may still need eyewear for reading or seeing far away, but many patients no longer use glasses or contacts at all after LASIK.
Am I a good candidate for LASIK?
The best way to determine if you are a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery is to schedule a free consultation with the 20/20 Institute. In general, good candidates for LASIK are people who are:
- 18 years old or older.
- In good general health and not living with uncontrolled diabetes, collagen vascular disease, autoimmune diseases, or taking medication that compromises the body’s immune response.
- Free of eye conditions
- Not suffering from an eye infection or injury.
- Not nursing or pregnant.
- Free from chronic dry eye.
- Currently living with stable, but diminished, vision.
- Able to stop wearing contacts and switch to glasses for a length of time prior to surgery.
Where is the best place to go for LASIK surgery?
We might be a bit biased, but we think the best place to come for LASIK in Denver is right here at the 20/20 Institute. After all, we do have the most five-star reviews of any LASIK provider in the area.
Denver Tech Center
By Appointment only
6501 East Belleview Ave.
Englewood, CO 80111
|Mon||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tue||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wed||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thu||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Fri||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Sat||9:00 am – 3:00 pm|
Denver Tech Center Location
If you’re looking to improve your vision, look no further than LASIK at the Denver Tech Center 20/20 Institute. Call today at 303-202-0669 to speak to an experienced LASIK counselor and schedule your complimentary LASIK consultation.